Peter Chang-Sing, M.D.
Internal Medicine, Cardiology
Offices: Oakland, Sacramento, Santa Rosa
Dr Peter Chang-Sing has been in clinical practice in cardiology in Santa Rosa since 1991. He received his B.S. in Biological Sciences and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University and was then concurrently enrolled in the M.D. program at Yale Medical School and the PhD program at Harvard Medical School where he also taught. He completed his internship in Internal Medicine at New York University Medical Center and his residency in Internal Medicine and fellowships in Cardiology and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and a Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society. He is Chief of Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiac Surgery and Medical Director of the Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital.
His practice consists of consultative as well as procedural cardiology, with interests in congestive heart failure, arrhythmia management and coronary artery disease as well as expert witness in medical malpractice.
He enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, traveling, hiking, fishing and Stanford football.
- Chief, Section of Cardiac Surgery & Cardiovascular Medicine, Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital
- Director, Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab, Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital
Dr. Peter Chang-Sing is one of the most experienced clinical cardiac electrophysiologists in Northern California as well as a highly respected research investigator whose clinical trial partnerships with leading medical device companies have led to new technologies in heart rhythm management. He performed the first electrophysiology cases offered in Sonoma County at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, and has since performed thousands of procedures with excellent results.
A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Stanford University, Dr. Chang-Sing is board certified in clinical cardiac electrophysiology, cardiology and internal medicine. Dr. Chang-Sing’s studies and articles have appeared in numerous medical and scientific journals including the American Journal of Cardiology, the American Journal of Physiology, Circulation, Molecular Pharmacology, Cardiology Clinics and Sonoma Medicine. He is an advisory board member for Medtronic and St. Jude Corporations, and a member of the American College of Cardiology, the California Medical Association and the Heart Rhythm Society.
• Stanford University, B.S., Biological Sciences, Stanford, California
• Stanford University, M.S., Electrical Engineering, Stanford, California
• Harvard University, PhD, Physiology & Biophysics, Cambridge, Massachusetts
• Yale University School of Medicine, M.D., New Haven, Connecticut
• Internal Medicine, NYU Medical Center, New York, New York
• Internal Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, Los Angeles, California
• Cardiology & Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
• National Board of Medical Examiners , 1980
• American Board of Internal Medicine- Cardiovascular Disease, 1991
• American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine, 1988
• American Board of Internal Medicine- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, 1994